Intangible Cultural Heritage Inheritor 7: Sanxingdui of Miao Embroidery Is Coming!

2022-06-14 by Sichuan International Communication Center

“The white and yellow intertwined patterns look slap-up, and reflect the metal texture of Sanxingdui cultural relics, representing our impression on Sanxingdui cultural relics.” Tao Fuxiu, from Gulin County, Luzhou, has been making Miao embroidery for 30 years since she started to learn it at 17. To fulfill the “Coloured Sanxingdui”, she spent 7 hours in making this small piece of embroidery of Sanxingdui cultural relics. “I employed four kinds of skills of Miao embroidery in this work: stringing, crocheting, stitching, and latching.” Tao Fuxiu explained her ideas. However, when she first received the invitation, she was excited and worried. “I’ve only seen Sanxingdui cultural relics on TV. I was not sure whether I could make it.” Tao Fuxiu checked a lot of materials and found out that many birds, fish, flowers, and human patterns in Sanxingdui cultural relics are quite similar to traditional Miao embroidery. With her rich experience and close observation, Toa Fuxiu sketched the clear and solid patterns of Sanxingdui cultural relics on the blue cloth.