Colourful Sanxingdui | Xu Family Clay Sculpture Art's Heir Xu Xiaoyong

2022-06-10 by Sichuan International Communication Center

幻彩三星堆|徐氏泥彩塑传承人徐小勇:

2. Colorful Sanxingdui | Xu Family Clay Sculpture Art's Heir Xu Xiaoyong:

三星堆的真面目是“金闪闪”的?

Sanxingdui's Real Image Is 'Glittering'?

“我认为3000年前的青铜大面具是金色的。”提到想象中的三星堆色彩,徐氏泥彩塑传承人徐小勇这样说,他希望通过自己的双手“还原”自己眼中的三星堆。

When talking about Sanxingdui's colors in his imagination, the heir to the Xu family clay sculpture art Xu Xiaoyong said: "I think the big bronze mask in 3,000 years ago was golden". He hopes to 'restore' the Sanxingdui in his mind's eye with his hands.

作为徐氏泥彩塑传人,徐小勇自小受父亲徐兴国的影响与“泥彩塑”相伴成长,20多年来,无数生动而精美的徐氏泥彩塑从徐小勇手中诞生,为了完成“幻彩三星堆”的邀请,一块寻常泥土,在徐小勇手中经过选料、扎架、设计、彩绘等工艺历时近1个月,蜕变为他心中的“金色三星堆”。

As the heir to the Xu family's school of clay sculpture art, Xu Xiaoyong grew up living and breathing 'clay sculptures' under the influence of his father Xu Xingguo. Over the past 20 years, countless vivid and exquisite Xu-style clay sculptures have been created by Xu Xiaoyong. In order to complete his contribution for the 'Colorful Sanxingdui' invitation project, Xu Xiaoyong spent a month transforming a piece of ordinary clay into the embodiment of the 'golden Sanxingdui' in his imagination through the selection of materials, framing, design, painting, and other procedures.

【徐小图】【徐兴国图】

“刚铸造完成的青铜器应该就是金色,金色在古代是身份的象征,能戴大面具的人,应该是当时身份比较尊贵的人。”徐小勇认为,出土后的青铜色是时间赋予它们的礼物。

"Bronze waresthat havejust recently been cast should be gold. Gold was a symbol of status in ancient times, and people who can wear such a big mask might be nobles." Xu Xiaoyong said, sharing his belief that the bronze color after the bronze wares were unearthed was a gift from time.

作为新一代的泥彩塑传承人,徐小勇曾亲赴三星堆博物馆学习,当看到三星堆出土的文物,瞬间就被它们不凡的外形所吸引,“从来没见过这样的形象,形质特别大,特别震撼,造型也很奇特”。徐小勇用三个“特别”来描述三星堆,在他看来三星堆还是“古老、神奇、有价值”的,“目前对于三星堆文化的解读是基于已有文物的推测,还有很多未知点,希望未来有更多发现。”徐小勇说。

As the new generation's heir to a time-honored school of clay sculpture art, Xu Xiaoyong once visitedthe Sanxingdui Museum for study purposes. When he saw the cultural relics unearthed in the Sanxingdui site, he was instantly attracted by their extraordinary appearance. He told us: "I'd never seen such imagesbefore. The shapesareextremely large, extremely astounding, and extremely strange." Xu Xiaoyong repeated the word "extremely" three times when describing Sanxingdui, and he also regarded Sanxingdui as "ancient, magical, and valuable." He added: "The current interpretation of Sanxingdui culture is based on speculations on existing cultural relics, but there are still many unknowns. I hope there will be more discoveries in the future."

【采访过程截图】

徐小勇也邀请更多朋友加入“幻彩三星堆”,“我眼中的三星堆是金色,但三星堆还有很多未知点,希望有更多的人参与进来,一起来解锁它的秘密。”

Xu Xiaoyong also invited the public to take part in the 'Colorful Sanxingdui' project, saying "Sanxingdui in my eyes is golden, but there are still many unknowns about Sanxingdui, and space to project your own interpretations. So I hope more people can participate, to help unlock its